We are pleased to announce the creation of a new EMDR consultation group in Boca Raton, FL!
This EMDR consultation group will be co-facilitated by Brian Gong and Melanie Mahady who are both skilled and experienced EMDR clinicians in the local Delray/Boca area. Both are EMDR Certified Therapists and Consultants-In-Training in the process of becoming EMDRIA Approved Consultants and are therefore offering this group at an excellent value. This duo brings energy and passion to teaching EMDR therapy and its various clinical applications. Instruction and feedback will be provided on a variety of key areas such as case conceptualization, client readiness, target selection, treatment planning, and use of essential skills.
While Brian and Melanie both maintain a high level of proficiency in the AIP model and standard EMDR therapy protocol, each trainer has their unique style as well as background working with different client populations and specialty protocols, thus providing a complementary offering to this group!
- $120 per 2-hour group session. Receive a discounted fee of only $100 per group if you prepay for a block of 5 groups - a great value! (The price will go up after they achieve Approved Consultant status, which is soon)
- Gain 2 hours toward EMDRIA Certification with each group.
- At the Spanish River Church located at 2400 Yamato Rd, Boca Raton, FL 33431
- Tuesday, 7-9PM, bi-weekly (the group will start on 8/14 and continue every two weeks: 8/28, 9/11, 9/25, 10/9, 10/23, 11/6, 11/20, 12/4, 12/18
- Closed group limited to 4-8 participants
- Participants must have completed their basic training requirements and currently working toward certification
- For serious participants only (there may be requirements for readings and other preparation to be done prior to group)
- The format of each group is as follows: The first hour will be spent on addressing various issues, topics, stuck points, and questions that participants may have. The second hour will consist of one designated participant presenting an actual case using a case presentation form with language and theory grounded in the AIP model. This allows for each participant in the group to accrue two hours toward EMDRIA certification, while the person presenting the case gets one of their hours counted as an individual consultation hour.
- Both Melanie and Brian are doing their consultation-of-consultation with Reg Morrow Robinson, EMDR Consultant and Trainer, who has been practicing EMDR therapy since 1995 and has presented at EMDRIA conferences on the topic of consultation.
- Please contact Brian at email@example.com or (561) 501-1008 for more information and/or to register for the group.
Click here for a copy of our flyer.
Melanie Mahady, LMHC practices in Boca Raton, has almost reached the EMDRIA Approved Consultant status, and is a wealth of knowledge on EMDR therapy. Her EMDR specialties include complex trauma, attachment issues, and dissociative disorders. She treats children, teens and adults with EMDR therapy and is trained in the Integrative Attachment Trauma Protocol and R-TEP/G-TEP.
Brian practices in Delray Beach and was responsible for introducing EMDR to Caron Renaissance while he worked there as a primary therapist and incorporating it into the treatment program's official offering of services. He specializes in trauma, addictions, and EMDR Early Intervention (EEI) and is trained in the EMDR addiction protocols, R-TEP/G-TEP, and the Flash Technique. He is the co-founder and coordinator of the Southeast Florida Trauma Recovery Network providing pro bono EMDR therapy to victims of community disasters and has treated dozens of individuals impacted by the Parkland shooting with EMDR therapy.
Join the Group!
Ready to improve your skills and work towards EMDRIA Certification? Call Brian at (561) 501-1008 or email him by clicking the link below to register today. Space is limited!