About Individual Therapy
Individual counseling and psychotherapy provides a safe space for clients to be vulnerable and express their thoughts and feelings in a healthy, therapeutic way. It involves a collaborative relationship where the client feels validated and supported and the therapist uses his skills to facilitate the healing and discovery process. Individuals choose to see a therapist for a variety of reasons and the focus of your therapy sessions and treatment planning will be determined by your individual needs and goals. Sometimes people find themselves “stuck” in life or engaging in unhealthy and self-destructive patterns of behavior that they just can’t seem to get away from. Therapy can be brief and time-limited in some cases and last as long as several years in others.
I have provided therapy to individuals for issues related to:
- Addictions (drugs, sex, gambling, eating disorders, etc.)
- Trauma and PTSD
- Anxiety and Depression
- Toxic shame
- “Failure to launch"
- Avoidance and procrastination
- Cultural issues
- Personality disorders
- Communication problems
- Family of origin dynamics
- Love and interpersonal relationships
- Career and employment concerns
- Self-esteem issues and personal development
- Loss and complicated grieving
- Chronic mental health disorders
Lets Talk About Individual Counseling
Contact me to discuss how to get started with individual counseling and psychotherapy.